Please fill out the form below and we'll contact you as soon as we can
WE'RE HIRING! JOIN OUR TEAM!
Job Description: PR CHAIR
The Brooklyn Raga Massive (BRM) PR Chair is responsible for executing the organization’s online and offline marketing and PR efforts.
This position works with the PR Committee under the direction of the Executive Director to help BRM fulfill its mission of creating cross-cultural understanding through the lens of Indian classical and raga inspired music. This includes PR support for increasing attendance at weekly and non-weekly BRM performances, targeted marketing and sales efforts, and continuing to help build the BRM brand and online presence through the web and social media. This is a chance to make a real difference as BRM continues to grow, expand and reach new audiences.
The job includes both online and offline marketing activities including:
· Concert event creation for web and social media
· Manage artist promotion materials
· Website management
· Social media platform management including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
· Basic video and image editing for social media
· Media placement of stories and event listings – sending out monthly press releases, posting to 3rd party platforms (Brokelyn, Spingo, etc.)
· Managing Facebook ads
· Email newsletter marketing via Mailchimp
· Delegate workload and schedule regular check in meetings with the PR committee
· Strong writing, organizational and analytical skills
· Ability to learn new marketing technology platforms
· Familiarity with Google Docs, Photoshop (or equivalent), SquareSpace
· Strong analytical skills, specifically in social media marketing
· Passionate, persistent, entrepreneurial spirit
· Part-time hours: assumed 8+ hours weekly, flexible hours (work from home)
· Hourly rate: $15/hr
CONTACT PR@BROOKLYNRAGAMASSIVE.COM WITH INQUIRIES